Gladiator, brute, savage, nihilators, ago, BH and WB
pStryker, Centurion, Ol'Rowdy, Squire, B13, Arlan, junior
AS + pStryker Feat: ARM 28 warjacks
Throws + slams + pMorg feat/ago = disabled jacks
Scenario victory
A couple of weeks ago, I played a game versus pStryker.
It was 25 points, and he brought a high ARM list: Two ARM 25+ 'jacks on feat turn, in a scenario game.
I'll tell you how it went.
Game 3: The Game I learned how usefull Power Attacks can be
Skorne
- pMorghoul
- Gladiator
- Brute
- Savage
- Nihilators (max)
- Agonizer
- Beast Handlers (min)
- Willbreaker
Cygnar
- pStryker
- Centurion
- Ol'Rowdy
- Squire
- Black 13
- Arlan Strangeways
- Journeyman Warcaster
I can't recall how the game went exactly, but I do remember the Highlights :)
Map Overview and Scenario
Scenario was Incursion ( the disappearing flag - the middle one this game)
Nihilators, Savage and Willbreaker on right flank, gladiator, brute, ago, morg and paingivers in the middle.
His two 'jacks in the middle, with Stryker behind them. The rest sets up to my right.
[...]
On my second turn, I run my Agonizer forward to deny him focus allocation.
His turn, he charges my agonizer with Ol'Rowdy (kills it obviously), 'jams' my Nihilators with a Centurion, and pops his feat. ARM 28, have fun.
Now I start to think. I can't damage his jacks, so I need to change plans. And then I realized that I could win on CP if only his jacks were Knocked down and under Morg's feat. I throwed Ol'Rowdy and slammed the Centurion, popped the feat and I controlled the right objective and contested the left., and charged into his infantry with my Nihilators, killing some B13 and Arlan.
[...]
During the Cygnar turn later in the game, he runs Stryker towards my left objective, and the Squire follows suit. My turn I dominate the right one, knock down his Centurion, and put the Savage in front of Ol'Rowdy, while my Nihilators block the way towards the right objective. I also kill the Squire with my brute and contest the left objective.
I win if he doesn't contest.
And because the Squire was killed, the Centurion couldn't shake the KD of. Ol'Rowdy couldn't trample because my Savage was in the way.
GG Skorne victory !!!
Lesson #3 The goal is not to destroy the other's army. The goal is to win, and that sometimes means you have to play dirty. Notice that both of his 'jacks were still standing at the end of the battle! Always try to seek ways to score objectives or to kill the other Warnoun. The game is only over when it's done :)
Lesson #4 Power attacks are good! Use them when you see an opportunity!
That was probably a bit of a ramble, but I think I made my point :) Also, the batrep was a bit weak, but the battle was at the end of June, and at the moment of writing this, it's August 26.
Happy conquering!
Archdominar
No comments:
Post a Comment