1) Who is this "Archdominar"?
I'm a fairly avarage dude who has decided Skorne might be something for me. I suffer from a severe case of 'Faction ADD' which makes me want to swap factions on a weekly basis, but Skorne has always been one of those factions that came up regularly - so I decided I'd pick those up for a while :)
2) Why Skorne?
There are a lot of reasons why I would like to play Skorne. It's not just their urge for world dominance that strikes me as really cool, nor is their affinity for pain (I'm not masochistic (I think) but, for instance, who doesn't like the looks of Master Ascetic Naaresh? That guy rocks me like a cyclone!). Their is a lot more that drew me to the faction than just the fluff:
- The aesthetics: Skorne combines adorned elephants with Samurai. I don't know about you, but hell that looks like a warm applepie coming right from the oven! But then with swords, and tusks, and tortured animals.. Anyway, to like a faction, one must like its looks (in my humble opinion).
- The Raw Stats: Jup, that's with a capital! I've been playing a little Circle here and there, and that made me realise I really want to play bricks and beasts that could level a city if left unchecked! For a while, I've been looking at Khador to start with, but there were some things I really didn't like about that faction (gut feeling, I call it :) )
- The fluff: That has already been documented above. I just like everything about the fluff: from wanting to conquer the world to ascetism. I like it a lot more than, for instance, Khador, Trollbloods and Cygnar.
3) What is this blog about?
My plan is to write down my experiences in this blog. I can use it as a reference, and others can come here to look it up as well.
Something that struck me is the (possible perceived) lack of blogs about the Skorne, and the limited tactica section in the Privateer Press Forums. That is my main reason to pen my experiences down, and I hope others can profit as well.
So, that's it for today. I still need to get used to blogging again, and writing introductions is in my eyes never easy ( I don't know what to talk about in introductions :o ), but the good part about them is that they only need to be written once :)
Thanks for reading,
The Archdominar
No comments:
Post a Comment