I'll be honest, I've lost two times (progress until world-domination: 0%) but I can safely say I have learned two important things after playing those games.
Game 1 - The game I forgot Morghoul had a feat
The first game was a straight battle box game, although I swapped a Savage with a Brute.
Convergence of Cyriss
- Forge Father Syntherion
- Mitigator
- Galvanizer
- Cipher
Skorne
- prime Morghoul
- Savage
- Brute
- Gladiator
He won the roll-of, and he just ran everything up. Then I did the same, but thanks to some buffs (Abuse and Rush) my Gladiator ran 14 inches. Now **** started to get serious!
In his second turn, he wanted to try out some stuff: the Cipher's Rough Terrain templates and Magnetic Hold. Ow, he also knocked down my Brute and my Gladiator.
Easy Solution: apply Rush. However, due to having my speed lowered, I couldn't charge, so instead I ran up and engaged Syntherion and a Cipher. And it is here I made a mistake - my gladiator stood open for 5 P+S 19 attacks (Synergy..) and was at Def 10.. If I had popped my feat, it would have gone a lot different! After having lost my Gladiator, I tried to kill Syntherion with a Savage and a Brute, but after I failed, I resigned.
Lesson #1: Morghoul's feat is really strong, especially in battlebox games - use it when you have engaged his forces, to minimalize his retribution. I did use it in my second game, and it had swung the game in my favor.
Game 2 - the day I learned DEF 17 is not insurmountable.
I am not going to recite the battle completely - we changed our list a little bit (dropped a light and inserted a heavy), and it went just as the previous game untill my second turn - First, he was out of range for Magnetic Hold this turn, so I could charge, which I did, and my Sentry did the same. Then I popped my feat and I was about to win: Cipher and a light destroyed, and the Inverter was in combat with my brute), but then I made the most stupid mistake that evening - I let Morghoul stand there within walking distance of his Inverter, with no transfers (I did have the brute's animus up). He missed his first attack, but he did hit with his second, rolling triple 6's on three dice..
Lesson #2: DEF 17 is not bad at all, but don't count it, especially when you have no Transfers left. More importantly, keep your Warlock/Warcaster out of harm's way - as I said, DEF 17 is good, but not having to rely on DEF 17 is even better!
Short: being out of harm's way < having to rely on DEF 17
Short: being out of harm's way < having to rely on DEF 17
So, Skorne tally is 0-0-2 unfortunately. I did learn some valuable lessons - Key is not forgetting them!
See you next time
Archdominar
No comments:
Post a Comment